On August 10, 2021, J. M. Dembsey led a webinar on “Introduction to Digital Accessibility Principles.” The webinar discussed headings, vertical lists, descriptive hyperlinks, alternative text, and image descriptions. Examples and exercises were provided for each accessibility principle. The webinar was intended both to assist presenters in creating accessible presentation materials for the upcoming OWCA conference and to inform the larger writing center community of accessibility principles they can apply in everyday digital contexts.
Presentation Materials for Download
The writing center community is welcome to share and re-use these materials and modify them for their own use:
- Slidedeck – Intro to Digital Accessibility Principles (PPT)
- Transcript & QA – Intro to Digital Accessibility Principles (Word)
- Exercises 1-5 Worksheet (Word)
- Exercise 6 – Example Inaccessible Document (Word)
- Exercises 1-5 (answer key) (Word)
- Exercise 6 (answer key) (Word)
The recording begins with the discussion of headings. Due to a technical glitch, the initial overview of accessibility was not recorded, but the information is included in the transcripts linked above.