The OWCA bylaws document the structure and decision-making processes of the organization.
Record of Amendments to Bylaws
Amendment #3 (February 17, 2022)
The third amendment to the OWCA bylaws was approved by the Executive Board on February 17, 2022, and included the following revisions:
- The Conference Chair and Co-Chair positions on the Executive Board were moved from Section 4.2 (elected by membership) to Section 4.3 (elected by Executive Board).
- New date of amendment was added.
Amendment #2 (September 8, 2021)
The second amendment to the OWCA bylaws was approved by the Executive Board on September 8, 2021, and included the following revisions:
- New section with instructions for Executive Board member removal was added.
- Options for filling a vacancy on the Executive Board were expanded.
- Officer positions were separated into positions elected by membership (Section 4.2) and positions elected by the Executive Board (Section 4.3).
- All Officer responsibilities were revised.
- Conference Organizer was renamed to Conference Chair.
- At-Large Representative positions were removed and replaced with positions for Virtual Events Chair, Accessibility Chair, Diversity & Social Justice Chair, and Website Coordinator.
- New positions were added for Conference Co-Chair, Virtual Events Co-Chair, Accessibility Co-Chair, Diversity & Social Justice Chair, an additional Website Coordinator, and Grant Coordinator.
- Committee chair responsibilities were expanded and clarified.
- All committee responsibilities were revised.
- Diversity Committee was renamed to Diversity and Social Justice Committee.
- Conference Committee was added.
- Website & Communication Committee was removed.
- Requirement added for the bylaws to be reviewed every 2 years.
- New section was added for “Dates of Amendment.” New date of amendment was added.
Amendment #1 (November 18, 2020)
The first amendment to the OWCA bylaws was approved by the Executive Board on November 18, 2020, and included the following revisions:
- The number of At-Large Representative positions on the Executive Board was increased from 3 to 4.
- A few instances of “by-laws” were changed to “bylaws.”
- “Dates of Adoption and Amendment” was updated to include the new date of amendment.
Adoption (September 16, 2020)
The original OWCA bylaws were adopted by the Executive Board on September 16, 2020.