asynchronous, drop-off, synchronous, live chat, writing groups, research study
The Ohio State University’s Writing Center has implemented three models of asynchronous online support with varying degrees of success: two-step asynchronous consultations, one-step drop-off consultations, and the Online Accountability Writing Group. After conducting assessment, the researchers found that less structure led to higher levels of engagement, as evidenced by increased participation and retention. Our study fills a gap in the research in that it shares findings from one-on-one and group asynchronous online support.
- Type of Publication: Journal Article
- Authors: Miriam R. Bourgeois, Genie N. Giamo
- Year of Publication: 2019
- Title: “Instituting and Assessing Asynchronous Online Writing Groups“
- Publication: Research in Online Literacy Education (ROLE)