Reading club provides a space to discuss writing center scholarship. Based on the article or chapter chosen, participants will share experiences, ideas, strategies, and questions about online writing centers (OWCs).
If you have questions about an upcoming event, would like to be a presenter, or would like to assist with facilitating events, please contact the Virtual Events Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Participating
Reading Club is currently held in a Zoom Pro room. To ensure a safe space for open communication and interaction, these sessions will not be recorded.
Upcoming Reading Club Meetings
- May 24, 2:00-3:00 PM ET – Toward a Rhetoric of Labor Activism in College and University Writing Centers by Liliana M. Naydan in Praxis: A Writing Center Journal
You can register for a reading club through the scheduling system below. Follow these steps:
- Select your time zone from the drop-down menu
- Click the “Register” button next to the event you’d like to attend
- Fill out the registration form and click “Complete Registration”
- Save your confirmation email to have the Zoom information or cancel your registration later. You can also respond to this email to contact the event organizers.
A reminder email will also be sent the morning of the event.