The Online Writing Centers Association (OWCA) is accepting applications for a Website Coordinator on our Executive Board. This is a volunteer position.
- Length of term: 2 years (January 2022 to December 2023)
- Monthly time commitment: 5-15 hours, depending on the needs of the organization
- Number of openings: 1
- Renewable?: Yes
- Elected by: OWCA Executive Board
The Website Coordinator will do the following:
- Manage the OWCA website (WordPress) and the OWCA membership software (Cozmoslabs Profile Builder + Paid Member Subscriptions)
- Make timely updates to website content and navigation, as requested by the Board and committees
- Edit website content for readability and accessibility before it is published
- Assist the Conference Committee with creating and updating the conference website
- Attend committee meetings, when invited, to discuss/plan website projects
- Assist OWCA members with technical issues in their accounts
- Create detailed documentation for the website
- Research website plugins (or apps) that add additional features for the Board and committees
- Attend monthly Executive Board meetings to report on changes to the website, review items that need Board feedback/approval, and vote on Board and committee projects
The Website Coordinator’s monthly time commitment will include extensive training on the OWCA website backend, membership software, basic HTML, and digital accessibility principles. The person in this position will be trained by the President.
Applicants for the Website Coordinator position should:
- Have experience with website editing (preferably in WordPress)
- Feel comfortable learning the backend of our website and researching answers to website problems
- Be familiar with Google Suite and Zoom
- Be committed to creating accessible website content
We welcome applications from students, those employed outside of academia, and those with little to no experience with writing centers.
If you’d like to learn more about this position, you are encouraged to contact the OWCA President, Jenelle Dembsey, at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please create a written statement (200-300 words) OR video statement (2-3 minutes). Video statements should be uploaded to YouTube and include edited closed captions for accessibility (please review the OWCA Guide for Video Applications for assistance).
Your statement will be shared privately with the OWCA Executive Board. In your statement, please answer the following questions:
- What is your experience with website editing? What platforms have you used and what kinds of websites have you edited in the past (personal, institutional, event, etc.)?
- What ideas do you have for the OWCA to improve its digital presence and better reach or support its members?
Please submit your statement through the form below. First consideration will be given to candidates who submit by January 24, 2022. The Executive Board will have its first meeting during the last week of January.