The Online Writing Centers Association (OWCA) is accepting applications for a Grant Coordinator on our Executive Board. This is a volunteer position.
- Length of term: ~2 years (beginning immediately and ending December 2023)
- Time commitment: 5-10 hours per month
- Number of openings: 1
- Renewable?: Yes
- Elected by: OWCA Executive Board
We welcome your application regardless of your prior experience with grants.
You should apply for this position if you:
- Would like to develop skills in grant research and grant writing
- Would enjoy helping to obtain grants for a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
As Grant Coordinator, you would do the following within your monthly time commitment:
- Research grants and other funding that could support OWCA’s current costs and future initiatives
- Write and submit applications for these grants. You would not need to do this alone! You would have the option to lead a short-term committee that could help you with the application process.
- Attend monthly Executive Board meetings to report on grant progress, review items that need Board feedback/approval, and vote on Board and committee projects
If you’d like to learn more about this position, please contact the OWCA Treasurer, Elle Tyson, at email@example.com.
The OWCA Board is looking to fill this position as soon as possible and will review initial applications during their next Board meeting on March 10. For first consideration, please submit by March 9, 2022.
How to Apply
Please create a written statement (200-300 words) OR video statement (2-3 minutes). Video statements should be uploaded to YouTube and include edited closed captions for accessibility (please review the OWCA Guide for Video Applications for assistance).
Your statement will be shared privately with the OWCA Executive Board. In your statement, please answer the following questions:
- What interests you or motivates you when it comes to grant research and writing?
- Why do you want to be more involved with the OWCA?
Please submit your statement through the form below.