The Online Writing Centers Association (OWCA) is accepting applications for a Grant Coordinator on our Executive Board. This is a volunteer position.
- Length of term: 2 years (January 2022 to December 2023)
- Monthly time commitment: 5-10 hours per month
- Number of openings: 1
- Renewable?: Yes
- Elected by: OWCA Executive Board
The Grant Coordinator will do the following:
- Research grants and other funding that could contribute to OWCA’s mission, such as hosting a conference event or learning institute, hiring sign language interpreters and captioners, purchasing technology, paying keynote speakers or webinar presenters, and offering monetary awards or grants to members
- Write and submit applications for grants
- Determine if a short-term grant committee is needed to meet grant deadlines and chair that committee
- Attend monthly Executive Board meetings to report on grant progress, review items that need Board feedback/approval, and vote on Board and committee projects
Applicants for the Grant Coordinator position should:
- Have experience with grant writing
- Be familiar with grant search processes
- Feel comfortable searching for grant opportunities for 501(c)(3) nonprofits
- Be committed to securing funding to support OWCA
We welcome applications from students, those employed outside of academia, and those with little to no experience with writing centers.
If you’d like to learn more about this position, you are encouraged to contact the OWCA Treasurer, Elle Tyson, at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please create a written statement (200-300 words) OR video statement (2-3 minutes). Video statements should be uploaded to YouTube and include edited closed captions for accessibility (please review the OWCA Guide for Video Applications for assistance).
Your statement will be shared privately with the OWCA Executive Board. In your statement, please answer the following questions:
- What is your experience with grant writing? Have any grant projects you’ve been involved with been successfully funded? Please describe the grant and your contribution.
- What ideas do you have for the OWCA to improve its access to grant funding to better support its members?
Please submit your statement through the form below. First consideration will be given to candidates who submit by January 24, 2022. The Executive Board will have its first meeting during the last week of January.