- This event has passed.
OWCA Webinar | Enacting Antiracism in Asynchronous Writing Consultations
October 26, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm EDT
- Date: October 26, 2020, 3-4:30pm EST
- Presenter: Eric Camarillo
- Title: “Enacting Antiracism in Asynchronous Writing Consultations”
- Hosting Organization: Online Writing Centers Association
The goal of this presentation is to reframe the value of asynchronous writing center work and to demonstrate why it should be seen as an innovation rather than a disruption, a valid option for students, rather than a subpar alternative. In particular, this presentation aims to be generative for writing center practitioners hoping to incorporate antiracist practices into their centers.
Related Works by the Presenter
- Cultivating Antiracism in Asynchronous Sessions by Eric Camarillo
- Dismantling Neutrality: Cultivating Antiracist Writing Center Ecologies by Eric Camarillo
ASL Interpreting and Recording
American Sign Language interpretation will be provided. This webinar will be recorded. Please see our participation guidelines.
Donate Through PayPal
This event is offered for free to the writing center community. If you can, please donate through PayPal so we can continue to hire ASL interpreters and make our events accessible. Any amount helps!