- This event has passed.
OWCA Webinar | Introduction to Digital Accessibility Principles
August 10 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm EDT
- Date: August 10, 2021, 3-4:30pm EST
- Presenter: J. M. Dembsey
- Title: “Introduction to Digital Accessibility Principles”
- Hosting Organization: Online Writing Centers Association
Download Presentation Materials
- Slidedeck – Intro to Digital Accessibility Principles (PPT)
- Transcript – Intro to Digital Accessibility Principles (Word)
- Exercises 1-5 Worksheet (Word)
- Exercise 6 – Example Inaccessible Document (Word)
- Exercises 1-5 (answer key) (Word)
- Exercise 6 (answer key) (Word)
In this webinar, attendees will learn how to apply basic digital accessibility principles, including headings, bulleted and numbered lists, descriptive hyperlinks, alternative text, and image descriptions. Examples will be provided, and attendees will have an opportunity to practice discussing and applying these principles in Microsoft Word. This workshop is intended both to assist presenters in creating accessible presentation materials for the upcoming OWCA conference and to inform the larger writing center community of accessibility principles they can apply in everyday digital contexts.
Related Works by the Presenter
- “Naming Ableism” by J. M. Dembsey
- “Writing Center Administrator Guidance in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Progression of a Position Statement” by Marilee Brooks-Gillies, Lisa Bell, J. M. Dembsey, & Duane Theobald
ASL Interpreting and Recording
American Sign Language interpretation will be provided. This webinar will be recorded. Please see our participation guidelines.